Why is Regular Duct and Furnace Cleaning So Important?
- Dirty duct systems are a major source of indoor air pollution as, over time, they trap and build up harmful particles such as molds and fungus, mildew, dust, pollen, debris, animal dander, bacterial viruses and many other contaminants which can easily spread throughout your home each time your furnace or air conditioner turns on. Regular cleaning and sanitation of the air ducts helps to eliminate the spread of these, which provides for you a cleaner, healthier living environment.
- When contaminants are removed from the system, air quality is greatly improved, especially for children, the elderly, and those who suffer from allergies, asthma or other respiratory ailments.
- Clean ducts increase airflow throughout your home, helping to make the furnace more energy efficient. You can cut down on your fuel costs by 10-15%.
- The life of your furnace is increased and the chance of costly emergency furnace repairs or replacement is reduced.
- Less dust settling in and on furniture saves furniture surfaces and cleaning time.
- Air ducts in newly-constructed or renovated homes, or homes existing in construction areas, should be thoroughly cleaned in order to completely remove construction dust. In new-home construction areas, dust cleaning should occur every 6-12 months until development construction is completed in your area.