When Is It Time To Replace Your HVAC System?
At Just in Time Furnace Inc., because of our technical expertise in furnace and air duct services, we get asked questions all the time – it makes sense, you’re looking for someone who can do the job right, with high ethical standards, and someone who won’t charge you hidden fees. One of the more common questions is, how do you know when it’s time to replace our heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system?
There are certain telltale signs that suggest it is time for not only a replacement but an upgrade to an energy efficient furnace or air conditioning unit or system:
- Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old - installed correctly, ENERGY STAR label high-efficiency units can save up to 20 percent on heating and cooling costs.
- Your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old - an ENERGY STAR qualified furnace is 15 percent more efficient than a conventional furnace.
There are a few other signs that can signal it’s time to replace your air conditioner, according to Energy Star, it may be time to call a professional contractor to help you make a change if:
- You frequently make repairs, your energy bills are rising, or if your home is too hot in the summer - improper equipment operation, duct problems or inadequate insulation could be the cause;
- Your home has humidity problems - poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, and leaky ductwork can cause the air to be too dry in the winter or too humid in the summer;
- Your home has excessive dust - leaky ducts can pull particles and air from attics, crawl spaces, and basements and distribute them throughout your house. Sealing your ducts may be a solution;
- Your heating or cooling system is noisy - could mean an undersized duct system or a problem with the indoor coil of your cooling equipment.
At Just in Time Furnace Inc. heating and air conditioning professional should inspect your A/C system at least once each year. Repairing a leak, adding refrigerant and replacing a compressor can cost about the same as buying a new, low-end unit so calculating your return on investment – the cost of the unit versus energy savings and future repairs – should be part of your consideration. This is an investment in your families comfort and safety.
For any or all services you need for your home or business, call Just in Time Furnace Inc. at 403-333-6666 today for expert service and great values. Don’t forget to check out our specials on Calgary furnace and duct cleaning.