HVAC Service Calls in Calgary
According to the heating and cooling experts on Angie’s List, it’s a good idea to have your HVAC system inspected, serviced, and cleaned once a year — ideally in the spring — to ensure your furnace did not suffer during Alberta’s frigid winter, and your air conditioner is operating at peak energy efficiency and is ready to cool your house during Alberta’s hot summer months. Left unchecked, your A/C system can lose 5 percent of its operating efficiency each year because accumulated dust and dirt buildup in key areas, meaning it can’t cool your house as capably as it could if it were clean.
Inspections are preventative maintenance that pay for themselves through improved energy efficiency and a longer-lasting air conditioning unit. A yearly maintenance check by a licensed HVAC expert can help reduce your monthly energy bill by up to 15 percent and help prevent earlier-than-normal breakdowns.
If you’re still unsure about the value of an annual service call and maintenance inspection, here are the top five problems that may cause your air conditioning system to break down more readily if you don’t schedule an HVAC inspection:
- Faulty wiring - can prevent the system from getting power or can trip the circuit breaker.
- Low refrigerant - suggests there is a leak90 percent of the time. All refrigerant leaks should be located and repaired.
- Outside fan is not working - proper heat transfer cannot take place and the air conditioning compressor may overheat and trip the safety overload or cause internal damage to the compressor.
- Outside unit not functional - usually indicates a lack of power, contactor problems, or even a faulty thermostat.
- The coil is frozen - often indicates an issue with the airflow, such as restrictions caused by filthy air filters or obstructed return air ductwork. Frozen indoor coils could also be the result of low refrigerant.
An air conditioning maintenance inspection should include checking the motor, blower, drain line, coils, operating pressures and temperatures, the return and supply lines, refrigerant levels, and connections. Most air conditioners should last 15 years, with proper maintenance.
At Just In Time Furnace Inc. in Calgary, we agree that it’s a good idea to have your system professionally inspected, cleaned, and serviced once a year in order to ensure it operates at peak energy efficiency. Our 17-point, comprehensive air conditioner tune-up system is essential to extending the life of your unit and saving you money on energy costs. Just In Time Furnace Inc.’s highly-qualified and licensed air conditioning technicians are trained on the latest industry trends and technology and have the skills necessary to inspect, diagnose, and service even the most modern and complicated systems to restore your comfort and peace of mind.
HVAC Services in Calgary
With dramatic weather like Alberta’s, choosing the right furnace or air conditioning unit is crucial to maintaining energy efficiency in your home and keeping your energy bills low. If you have HVAC questions about your home or business, call Just in Time Furnace Inc. at 403-333-6666 today for expert service or to request a free quote.