How to Know When It’s Time to Replace Your Furnace
A good furnace should last for many years, but eventually, it will need to be replaced. Although you might be tempted to keep your old furnace for as long as it will last, you might be better off replacing it before it dies out completely. If the old one is showing signs of expiring, a newer one could increase the energy efficiency of your home heating system.
Do you think you might need to replace your furnace but are a little unsure? Do not hesitate to consult the pros at Just In Time Furnace Inc. Furnaces are our business, and we take that very seriously. We can examine your unit and help you determine the best course of action. We will be happy to tell you whether your furnace simply requires maintenance, or you need to schedule furnace installation in your Calgary home.
Signs that You Need a New Furnace
Before you contact us, you will probably notice a variety of indications that your furnace needs to be replaced. These are some of the top signs to look for when you suspect that new furnace installation is on the cards:
• Old Furnace – If your furnace is more than 15 years old, it is probably time for a new one. You might be able to wait until it is 18 or 20 years old, but you will not get the energy efficiency of newer models. In fact, a new furnace could increase efficiency by up to 15 percent.
• Strange Noises – When your furnace begins to make odd noises, repairs may no longer be enough. Listen for sounds such as banging, squealing, clanging, and popping. These could be signs that your furnace is nearing the end of its life.
• Low Airflow – If the hot air emanating from your vents is not flowing strongly, your furnace’s motor might not be working properly. In some cases, repairs make sense for a furnace motor. However, replacement might be a better option in terms of overall cost. You might have the motor repaired, only to discover that you still need to replace the furnace in a year or sooner.
• Cracking and Corrosion – Take a look at your furnace. Do you see cracks and rust? Corrosion, rust, and cracking could indicate that your furnace needs to be checked. Be prepared to start shopping for a new unit.
• High Heating Bills – Are your heating bills higher than usual? If your ductwork is sealed and your furnace has been repaired properly, the furnace might simply be too old to use any longer.
• Yellow Burner Flame – Make sure that you do not ignore this sign. It could indicate that carbon monoxide is leaking into your home. The flame should be blue, so if it turns yellow, exit your home immediately and contact your utility company. They will need to turn off your gas, and you might need to get a new furnace.
Just In Time Furnace Inc. is the leading furnace repair and installation company in the Calgary area. We know the thought of purchasing a new furnace can be overwhelming, but you need not worry. We will help you to determine whether your furnace needs to be replaced, and we will also assist you with selection and installation.
Need to schedule furnace installation in the Calgary area? You can reach us at 403-333-6666, or request a free quote online.