Air Conditioning Your Calgary Home for the Summer
Spring is here in Alberta with the temperature already exceeding season expectations. According to a CBC News article, on February 9, 2016 Calgary temperatures hit 15 C, edging above the 1926 record high of 14.4 for Feb. 9, according to Environment Canada’s Kirk Torneby.
Southern Albertans are familiar with the chinook winds, which bring with them a welcome respite from the frigid winter. But the early warm should also come as a reminder to have your air conditioning system serviced before the real heat of summer is upon us.
At Just In Time Furnace Inc. in Calgary, we know your air conditioner plays a vital role in keeping your home comfortable. As a general rule, it’s a good idea to have your AC professionally inspected, cleaned, and serviced once a year in order to ensure it operates at peak energy efficiency, and is ready to cool your house during the hottest months of the year. Just In Time Furnace’s highly-qualified and licensed air conditioning technicians will work to keep your air conditioning unit working so you don’t have to spend another day in the heat.
As your air conditioner runs, dust and dirt accumulates in areas that affect its energy efficiency, as well as its ability to properly perform the job intended. Not regularly maintaining your unit can lead to sharp drop-offs in performance, meaning it either won’t properly cool your house, or will use way more energy than necessary to do so.
To help keep your AC in peek operation, here are a few signs to identify that there might be an issue with your air conditioning system:
- The air is not cold or not blowing properly – signaling a blocked vent or a clogged filter.
- There is a leak or areas of moisture - suggests leaking refrigerant or a blockage of the pipes that drain condensation from the unit.
- Strange smells coming from the vents – could mean mold or a problem with the mechanical elements or part of the motor has burned out.
- Strange sounds when you turn your air conditioning unit on - something may be broken inside the unit, part of the system needs lubrication, but it could also be a sign of something more serious.
- Noticed your electricity bills rising – could indicate a leak or blockage somewhere in the air conditioning system, making the system work extra hard.
Don’t wait for your AC to break down; in all cases it is best to call us for any air conditioner repairs in Calgary. To get the best air conditioner service and tune-up on the market, call Calgary’s Just In Time Furnace Inc. today at 403-333-6666 or stop by our office, and we’ll happily provide you with a free estimate.